Sometimes, even in a small painting, you can and I got lost....:)
Les articles précédents de ce tableau
The previous posts on this painting
Lonneke part I/partie I
Lonneke part II/partie II
Lonneke part III/partie III
Probablement que le fait que j'avais un peu forcé la note pour présenter ce tableau à une exposition que j'avais monté chez moi, mais plus je le regardais et plus je voyais des choses qui ne me plaisait pas...donc évidemment j'ai décidé de le retravailler...heureusement que personne ne l'avait acheté, il m'aurait fallu faire comme Degas a fait, apparemment, et il m'aurait fallu aller chez quelqu'un en cachette pour le peindre, Degas lui était supposément entré dans un musée pour retoucher une de ses toiles, peut-être est-ce une légende urbaine ou artistique...mais je peux comprendre cela...:)
I guess I did rush a bit too much things with this painting, I put it in a show of my paintings, held at my place...but afterward I felt it wasn't finished, too many mistakes were becoming too apparent to me, at least, her head was wrong, her expression I did not like, and many few things made me deciding to work on it again, I once read that Degas entered a museum where one of his painting was hanged, and that he did retouch it, an urban legend or artistic legend? don't know, but at least in my case I would not have to entered someone else appartment to work on this painting.
The painting as exhibited/Le talbeau tel qu'exposé chez moi...
So it has become inevitable that I would rework this painting, and I though that it would be a matter of a few sessions to get it finished....it was without compting on the fact that I would start to play with reproducing either the whole model, faded, or just part of her, this was the first time that I was using this technique, which has become more frequent over the last few years, but I this point I did not have a clear idea of what I did want, I guess it is a recipe for getting in lot of trouble
And then everything started going in all directions, models appearing, disapearing, parts were painted then removed, composition changed, zooming here and there, I guess my brushes were too hasty, helped by me of course...so all that was another recipe for disaster, ok not a real disaster, but it kind of force me to put so many hours in this one....and at one point there was four Lonneke...:)
And I kept redrawing re painting, and then they were three, sometimes her face became lovely, but I would always found a way to change it and lose it, and regain it....
At this point I really though that it was finally getting very close to be signed, so here's an almost final version, or a first draft or an almost final version...:), and further down here's the video of that year and a half of painting Lonneke, 1,2,3, or 4 th...
And there will be another post and this time we will get to the real final version...!!!!